Hi everyone, I have a talk coming up next month for the Villa Alba, to accompany a display of floral design. I’ll also be displaying some of my own post-war fashion and accessories.
From the website:
When Christian Dior introduced his ‘New Look’ silhouette in 1947, the vision was woman as flower: a return to an elegant and structured femininity. But not all flowers are soft pastel shades and Australian women increasingly reached for the vibrancy of textures and shapes that were part of our post-war culture.
- What: The Flower in Fashion: Mid-century Modern, a talk by Nicole Jenkins
- Where: Villa Alba Museum, 44 Walmer Street, Kew VIC 3101
- When: Sunday 19th June, 2022 2.00-3.00pm
- Cost: $25, includes exhibition entry
- Bookings and more information: Click here.
I love flowers and florals so this should be a lovely and informative talk: I’ll be bringing a slideshow of images to share. Hope to see you there!