A series of posts that tackle assorted issues of vintage clothing care, identification and restoration.
Textile Care and Conservation:
- Clothes moths.
- Devil Dust.
- Dry cleaning your vintage textiles.
- Dry Rot.
- Fabric Dyeing.
- Iron Mordant.
- Laundering vintage gloves.
- Laundering vintage scarves.
- Reconstructing a 1920s beaded dress.
- Restoring a 1920s sequinned dress
- Restoring an early 1940s American evening gown
- Reconstructing a 1950s coat dress.
- Sun damage.
- Vintage is not for everyone.
Buying and identification of style, era and fabric:
- ABrief History of the Mary Jane shoe.
- Buying vintage at auction.
- Identifying an updated 1920s dress.
- Looking for clues in fashion labels.
- Tweed identification.
- 1956 Melbourne Olympic Games souvenir dress by Leroy with Alcorso hand print.
- A short history of vintage stockings and pantyhose.
- How to dress 1950s Pin Up style.
- Test your vintage knowledge by dating sewing patterns.