Tickets are now available for my next talk – and it’s one of my best talks! 1930s fashion: it’s creative, vibrant and feminine. I love it and am excited to be talking about one of my favourite eras again.
From the website:
It was a time of sartorial extremes: from the luxury of Hollywood glamour, to the destitution of the Great Depression. Women wore playful, beautiful and colourful clothing which served as an escape from life’s grim realities: a welcome return to femininity, with frills, flounces, bows and curls.
Film stars like Jean Harlow, Katharine Hepburn and Joan Crawford typified the desired look and inspired millions. Madeleine Vionnet innovated with the bias-cut technique and Elsa Schiaparelli collaborated with artists Dali and Cocteau to create stunning and shocking gowns. As the decade comes to a close with another World War, we see a return to nostalgic fashions and shoulder pads.
Please join fashion historian and author Nicole Jenkins for an illustrated talk on ladies’ fashions of the 1930s.
- What: Fashions of the Thirties presented by Nicole Jenkins
- Where: Racecourse Hotel, nr Dandenong Rd & Waverly Rd, Caulfield East, VIC 3145
- When: Thursday 28 July 2022, 8:00-10:00pm.
- Cost: $20-25, all funds support ADMS
- Bookings and more information: Click here.