A series of posts that tackle assorted issues of vintage clothing care, identification and restoration.
– Decoding vintage sizing.
– Dry cleaning your vintage textiles.
– Fabric deterioration – Dry Rot.
– Fabric deterioration – Iron Mordant.
– Fabric deterioration – Shattering Silk.
– Fabric deterioration – Sun damage.
– Fan-laced corset.
– Fashion in half-mourning.
– How to dress 1950s Pin Up style.
– Identifying an updated 1920s dress.-
– I want to wear my vintage.
– I’m going to a 1920s party.
– Laundering vintage gloves.
– Laundering vintage scarves.
– Looking for clues in fashion labels.
– Madame Weigel and her fashion journal and sewing pattern service.
– Not as Described – buying vintage online.
– Peter Russell couture London
– Reconstructing a 1920s beaded dress.
– Reconstructing a 1950s coat dress.
– Restoring a 1920s sequinned dress
– Restoring an early 1940s American evening gown
– Rope petticoats and crinolines.
– Sharpies and ’70s fashion.
– Test your vintage knowledge by dating sewing patterns.
– The dreaded clothes moth.
– Tweed identification.
– Vintage fabric dyeing.
– Vintage fashion for beginners – part one, fabrics
– Vintage is not for everyone.
– Vintage versus Vintage reproduction fashion.
– Watch out for Devil Dust.