soon I’m presenting a new lecture for the Johnston Collection, all about British royal wedding gowns and their hidden secrets. I’ll be starting with one of the most influential gowns of all time, that worn by Queen Victoria in 1840 and going right up to Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex in 2018.
From TJC site: This lecture will be an examination of the history and impact of British royal wedding gowns over the last 170 years, including the styles worn by Queen Elizabeth II, Wallis Simpson the Duchess of Windsor, Princess Anne and Princess Diana. All reveal details about the women who wore them, their status and future roles and changed the way we celebrate our own marriages.
I’m looking forward to the opportunity to talk about the fabulous fashion and significance of these important garments.
This event is also part of the Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival. You can see the event listing here.
Hope to see you there!
- What: FROM VICTORIA TO MEGHAN: The hidden stories behind British royal wedding gowns with Nicole Jenkins
- Where: The Johnston Collection, East Melbourne.
- When: Tuesday 10th March, 2.00-3.30pm
- Cost: $18-20
- Bookings essential: book here.
- More information: at the Johnston Collection site.