A very special event announcement today; I’m presenting my first talk at the wonderful Johnston Collection, which accompanies the Fairhall installation of contemporary artist Janet Lawrence, ‘The Palm at the End of the Mind’.
My talk is also part of the Melbourne Fashion Week program.
Here’s the blurb from TJC site:
When does the wardrobe end and the collection begin? When does a collection become a hoard? Australia’s greatest collectors of fashion have found answers to these questions through the development and sharing of personal archives. This lecture will look at why we collect dress, and how best to grow and manage a collection which contributes to our cultural and community life.
Nicole Jenkins is the custodian of the Circa Vintage Archive of Australian fashion, and the award‐winning author of books ‘Love Vintage’ and ‘Style is Eternal’. She is a costume designer and fashion historian, currently completing her Master’s degree in Cultural Heritage.
- What: COLLECTING FASHIONABLE DRESS: Private collections in Australia with Nicole Jenkins
- Where: The Johnston Collection, East Melbourne.
- When: Wednesday 4 Sep 2019, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Cost: $18-20
- Bookings essential: book here.
- More information: at the Johnston Collection site.