One last workshop for the year!
UPDATE; This event is now booked out – if you’d like me to let you know of the next one, please let me know.
This one is an essential for those who love vintage and want to get the most from their collections. Here are some of the topics I’ll cover:
– How to tell what fabric it is, whether it’s natural, man made or synthetic
– Different weaves: satin, velvet, twill, worsted etc
– How to clean them and how to get stains out – and what to do when you can’t.
– How to store vintage clothing and textiles.
– What to look for when you’re buying vintage.
– How to do basic repairs and restorations.
It will be also useful for students of textiles and fashion – understanding fabrics and what you can get them to do. I’ll be using many vintage fabrics to demonstrate.
What: Workshop on vintage fabrics and their care.
When: Saturday 19th November, 10-11am
Where: Circa Vintage Clothing, 102 Gertrude Street, Fitzroy
Cost:$20 per person. Limited places as a small group only.
Bookings required – book online here or at Circa.
1930s rayon crepe – dry clean only.